Choosing a name for your baby is probably one of the most difficult decisions you will have to make when becoming a parent and it sometimes takes a little while to get it right! It’s always good to bounce around some names with your partner and/or family in the third trimester and many wait until they meet their little one before confirming the name to make sure they look like the name they have chosen and get used to calling them their new name first. We have put together a few tips to think about when selecting a name for your little one to help you along the way!
- Think about your surname and any middle names. Do the names go together when spoken and written down and make sure to check the initials too incase they spell out something unfortunate!
- Think about nicknames, if you want a more traditional name for your child think about what any shortened versions could be too as inevitably you will probably end up using the shorter name.
- Consider any family names or traditions, for instance is a name carried down through generations that you could consider on either side of the family?
- Try and avoid anything ‘too trendy’ or ‘of the time’ you don’t want a high street phase to be your child’s name forever, especially if it means nothing in a couple of years time.
- Make sure to look up meanings of a name, even traditional English names have different meanings in different cultures so make sure it’s nothing offensive or unlucky.
The royal coronation has got us in a royal mood! With the hilarious faces from Prince Louis, gorgeous matching outfits from Princess of Wales and Princess Charlotte and the recent pregnancy announcement from Princess Eugenie it got us thinking about royal baby names. From old English traditional royal names to the more modern royal babies there’s something for everyone! We have put together a list of most sought after royal baby names for some baby inspiration…