Babymel Limited (Bags That Work ) incorporated in England (Number 06005019) and having a Registered Office at: C/o Rayner Essex Llp, Tavistock House South, Tavistock Square, London,WC1H 9LG, understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://babymel.com / (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means the said Babymel Limited (as above).|
Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by Us.
Our VAT number is 894208401
What Does This Policy Cover?
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data:
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section on “How Can You Access Your Data?” below)
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us using the details found in the ”Contacting Us” section)
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data we hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained below in “How Do We Use Your Data?” section but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details found in the Contact Us section);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in the “Contacting Us” section and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office details of which can be found here https://ico.org.uk/
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Data Do We Collect?
Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data :
Personal data you share with us
When you order from Us, either on Our Site or when you register for a Babymel account or when you sign up to Our mailing lists, or attend one of Our events We may ask for (one or more of) the following:
- your name
- email address
- date of birth
- due date
- telephone number
- postal / delivery / shipping address
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers
Personal data we collect about you
We collect some personal data, as well as other information in the form of anonymous or aggregate statistics, when you use Our Site. We may collect:
- IP address
- operating system
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to
- other browser-generated information, e.g. browser type, operating system, date and time of access, how long a person looks at a website, what they look at etc
- location information
- Personal data we receive from other sources – eg Social Media
If you follow Us or interact with Us on any of our pages on third party social media platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube etc. We may collect information about you which could include personal data. For example, when you "Like" a post on Our Instagram page, or "Follow" Us on Twitter. Those social media sites will also have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal data. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use those social media sites, to make sure that you are happy with them
How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see the section on “How and Where We Store Your Data?” below:
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g.opting in to interact with Us in some way, by subscribing to emails, entering competitions, supplying your personal data via social media competitions), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes :
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site
- Supplying Our products and services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you)
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you
- Replying to emails from you
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails)
- Market research / customer surveys
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience
- Notify you of Our offers and latest news
- For all European orders, please note that information is shared with our UK office. Any enquiries please contact our UK office or our Netherlands office – details below
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data you provide Us with for marketing purposes will therefore be retained for these purposes until you advise Us that you no longer wish Us to contact you.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in the section “How We Use Your Data”, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein).
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Do We Share Your Data?
We may share your data with other companies in Our group for administrative and internal management.This includes Our subsidiaries and/orOur holding company and its subsidiaries For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- The third party data processors used by Us and listed below are located within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Where We transfer any personal data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details.)
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may also access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held) for no fee, however we may charge a reasonable fee if your requirement for access is clearly unfounded. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information. This is another security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org ,or using the contact details below listed in the “Contacting Us” section.
Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data we hold about you.