Babymel bags are designed to withstand the stresses that parents subject them to, and are made from durable materials. We offer a limited repair service, however we believe that by giving you the know-how to look after you bag, will help keep your bag looking its best for as long as possible.
1. Wipe using a damp cloth or sponge (not overly wet as this can cause water stains) to remove any surface dirt. Remember to keep rinsing your cloth to prevent the dirt spreading
2. Using a sponge or cloth, apply a small amount of mild soap to an inconspicuous area of your bag to test your soap does not stain your bag and allow to dry naturally.
3. Once you can confirm your test has not stained your bag, gently clean the rest of your bag with a soft sponge or cloth. Do not soak your bag or submerge in water.
4. Remove any excess moisture with a dry clean cloth.
5. Leave your Babymel to dry fully in a well-ventilated area. Never use artificial heat to dry your bag as this can cause permanent damage and always let any water spillages dry naturally. Never pack away damp.
Care must be taken with all our bags and accessories to avoid scuffing against rough surfaces that could cause scratches and tears. The base and corners of any bag will naturally wear first, which is considered within our normal range of ‘wear and tear’. Painted edges may wear or crack over time, depending on use and environmental conditions.
Internal cleaning | All our bags are lined with a water-resistant material that can be wiped clean. Do not put your Babymel bag in a washing machine.
Changing Mats | Our changing mats are machine washable at 30%. Please air dry flat.
Zips | If your zips get stuck, avoid yanking it free. Use a little bit of clear lip balm or candle wax to loosen the zip, and it should return to its normal function after some gentle opening and closing. Avoid holding a loaded bag from the zip pull(s) only. We advise opening your bag while the base is supported.
Water & heat | We recommend keeping your bag away from excessive heat. All our materials are water-resistant however, do not fully submerge your bag in water. Should you bag accidentally become excessively wet, pack it loosely with a clean neutral coloured cloth or paper and allow to air dry.
Attaching your bag to your pram | All our changing bags come with built-in stroller attachments. Please only use the stroller attachments to hang your bag from your pram, do not hang from shoulder straps or grab handles.
Velcro on our stroller straps | We advise you to de-fluff the velcro used on our Stroller Straps when you notice a build-up. This will ensure it’s loop and hook function works efficiently.
Colour transfer from clothing | Dark clothing like denim or non dye-fast materials may transfer colour to your bag and cause staining. Try not to let your bag rub against such materials, that may not have been as rigorously treated or tested as our bags are.
Please remove the Zip & Zoe toy or musical tag and reins
Machine wash cold (30 degrees C or 80 degrees F) on its own wash to prevent any dye running from other clothes. Do not use fabric softener.
DO NOT tumble dry
Leave to dry naturally
Reins can be hand-washed separately with soap.
Pull plastic straw and silicone straw from the bottom of the lid.
Hand wash with warm soapy water or place in top rack of a dishwasher.